Saturday, February 11, 2012

Summer Days

I'm in summer holiday mode, on the go slow, wanting to lay back. Birds, butterflies and children's laughter fill my day. Clouds drift by overhead.
I'm feeling lazy. 
There are things to do. 

The vegie patch is at full tilt, the harvest needs gathering and storing, plants need watering, feeding, and staking. I have let the greengage plums that I convinced the children to gather, to become an oozing smelly mass, and a punnet of lettuce seedlings sizzled whilst waiting for their new home.

There are school forms and Family Assistance hassles, paperwork aplenty.
There is a party coming up, things need to be prepared.

There is the never ending housework, 
play dates, events to mark in the calendar.
School activities

And then, there are the birds, calling me outside, back to summer.

My little one sings back to them through the window.
I am delaying.  Listening to music we saw at the Laneway Festival on the weekend. Feeling refreshed for some time without children, lost in remembering a day of music and feeling a beat fill my soul.



I am dancing to new songs with the Little Bowerbird. Chuckling at her crazy antics and glittering conversations.


Lost in long summer days, dreamy.
I'm not quite ready for the year to begin, just drifting, a little stumbling, some forgetting,   slow living. 


2 comments:

  1. Feeling a little that way in this home as well. Torn between the summer we have had and all the busy that comes with nearing the end of it.

    Oh and the papaer work... we are drowning in it!

    Happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little slow living sounds wonderful to me! :-)

    I love your cloud picture! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
Margaret Atwood

“She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead.”
― A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young