Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Vintage Kids Clothing, Mushrooms and Lunch

























Such beautiful afternoon light, we were inspired to go for a little walk.  The bigger kids stayed home, put off by the winter chill.

  "Oh look, it's a Saffron Milker mum".
 "and Slippery Jacks! ewww they're so... slippery"

  "That's one of those pretty fairy ones you don't eat". Quite the three year old forager.
We filled our basket with pine cones for the fire,as there was slim mushroom pickings, I'm not sold on slippery jacks, a little strange to get your head around eating them.
Outside a door to our local pub which has finally reopened after a lengthy hiatus. A town without it's pub is like a the beach without sand. Something fundamental is missing.  Even though I'm not a huge pub goer, it was great to have a drink with friends Friday night, while our kids boogied at the school disco. We were delighted to find there is good beer on tap and tasty pub meals. On Sunday there were horses parked across the road and laughter from the beer garden, our little town felt more alive, a hub to bring us all together.

Vintage children's clothing. I just love it. I think it reminds me of how special I felt in the wonderful handmade creations my mother made for me. I only just managed to get this on the little Bowerbird, it fits well with some slightly neurotic pulling and tugging, there was no way she wasn't wearing it once it was chosen. Cord, quilting, buttons, floral print, wide collar, so much to love. The sort of dress I'd feel joyful in. A dress to wear to Mr Carsisi with friends, very dear friends who spoilt us with a seriously divine lunch. The little Bowerbird was besotted with the calamari and desert share plate (as were we all), and had a great time perusing Delicious magazines while she waited for her meal. She is food obsessed. I'm still in a state of food bliss remembering the waltz my taste-buds took on Sunday. 




There's a party in my tummy.

Happy World Environment Day.  I'm meant to be going to a Dirt Girl extravaganza in St Kilda but the planets are not aligning, with two sickies needing a rapid recovery before we can take off on our adventure.

4 comments:

  1. How gorgeous does she look in that beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We offer essential items for newborns, every day clothes for young children and gifts for new grandparents and relatives who are looking for inspiration.

    baby clothes online

    ReplyDelete
  3. vintage kiddie clothes really are the best. i have two crates full and no babies yet! haha!

    Kel

    p.s - your girl is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah well, you can see I'm besotted, by the excess of photos of the wee Bowerbird. Hang on to those clothes Kel, one of the few hoarded items I was glad to find in the junkroom.

      Delete

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
Margaret Atwood

“She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead.”
― A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young