Monday, August 8, 2011

Exciting parcel in the post





I am a real seed junkie, all the varieties and possibilities! I am not always good at putting them in on time but have the best of intentions every year.  I just received these seeds that I ordered on Ebay in the post today - who can resist a vegetable whose name is Mangelwurzel? Just $20 for the lot and enough vegies to fill the garden and more.  My daughter said she would try growing the watermelon radishes, they look so pretty! the loofah and red okra are a bit iffy for this climate but I love pushing the boundaries. Celeriac, solar yellow carrots, Bergamot, caraway, anise, Ceylon spinach, Purplette mini onions, Candy Red watermelon, Purple Calabash tomatoes, chia ..... nothing I've grown before and some familiar vegies Utah Tall celery, Romensco broccolli and iceberg lettuce.  A few flowers to bring the bees and smiles.

ooooh Spring how I love thee.

2 comments:

  1. That looks so interesting and exciting! Love the thought of the more unusual ones - look forward to seeing how you go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love seeds too...I know what you mean about being a seed junkie.....I have also bought seeds from the same place in the past..and I like trying out some of the not so common varieties....I can't wait till Monday's mail...I should be getting two parcels very similar to those.

    ReplyDelete

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
Margaret Atwood

“She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead.”
― A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young