Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Family Art Night - Plant signs

I read a lovely blog about having a family art night last week or so, and now I can't remember who wrote it. Sorry I can't give you credit, my memory is really appalling. Please let me know if you read this.


We seized, or actually I dragged, the moment last night. There was some early grizzling until the kids discovered I had a new medium.  Fence off cuts from our newly erected fence. For some reason this made the world of difference. There was frantic colouring in with pencils, dad pride, humour, a little frustration, and sign creation. A little bit of playdough was also thrown in for good measure.






The plan is to spray them with a waterproof spray and glue them to wooden stakes =


.  Will let you know if they hold their colour, and put up a picture when they're finished.

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! You've made me want to play with crayons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG they are fantastic!!! I love your idea and I hope they last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These signs are GORGEOUS! And I really love the idea of a family art night. We always seem to do projects separately, but I think the idea of a family project is wonderful. I must try and think of something...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!! You have one lucky family, whether they know it or not!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey again! I just saw your comment on Maxabellaloves blog, 'The image we think we project of ourselves is not the one usually seen by others, so it's not wise to spend too much time worrying about it. ' - this is brilliant, i love it! xS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the lovely words, I bought the spray and stakes today - just need some sunshine to finish the job! Aw Sannah, that's very sweet - think I learned to stop worrying about my image as much from being moved about a lot as a kid - so painful trying to fit in - better to just hold your head high, be proud, and who you want to be - not that I don't have my self-conscious moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a wonderful idea! They will look amazing in the vegie garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thank whoever inspired you, because you have inspired me. When I return back to Wales, I will be getting my nephews and nieces involved in making some of these for my fathers allotment. Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Thank you for joining in the Best of 2011 Blog Hop. I've just started up a school gardening club and think my kids would love to make these labels. Look forward to reading more in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
Margaret Atwood

“She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead.”
― A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young