Sunday, August 28, 2011

movie, play, gardening and laughter

On Monday I saw The Guard at the movies.  Great quirky thriller/comedy.
I had free tickets to use at the Art Deco Sun Cinema in Yarraville, Melbourne. The theatres are so beautiful and they serve quality choc tops.

 L1010293 Davis 

When the sergeant (main actor) poked a dead man with his finger and then sniffed it, I roared laughing. One of many dark funny moments in the film.

 

On Friday I had an impromptu call from my neighbour asking me to go and see a local play with her.
mtplayers.gif gocfinal.jpg 

I really loved the vomit bit, very convincing, lots of laughing here as well, you're probably getting me sense of humour now.  The two of us walked down to our local bar and had a drink, laughed some more.

IMG_8087
Today I did some gardening for lovely friends, it doesn't feel like work, we chat,  they feed me yummy treats and excellent coffee, and are way too generous.  We laughed heaps.
you can see her beautiful garden pictures here - http://kimbamel.blogspot.com/2011/08/spring-in-garden.html


This is a lot of going out in one week - outrageous in my normally quiet life - a bit of laughter is so good for the soul. 
And I didn't even mention vegie group on Friday, where the sound of women laughing is hard to give words to, it would probably put a laughing club to shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
Margaret Atwood

“She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead.”
― A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young