Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sisterly love in the 70s


My sister and I are around the age of my youngest two in this photo.  Mum sent it to me today.

I remember: 
the prickly blue blanket,
endlessly reading golden books,
determined I would teach my sister to read,
smooth floral sheets, 
evil pink Ted with the scary blue eyes,
and most of all,
cuddling my little sister,
she always liked to hop in my bed for company,
and I never minded.

I wonder what my children will remember,I'll have to try and get some shots of them in bed, you spend so much of your life there but its not usually a photo moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
Margaret Atwood

“She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead.”
― A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young