Thursday, November 17, 2011

Collecting and Growing

Bark for boats. have been busy with my seed project for the last two days, this was an unusual request from a friend.  I noticed you had some good boat bark......
The same gorgeous friend gave a wonderful kitchen to me for my little one as hers have outgrown them.  I have been cleaning and playing with them - even found a bowl to fit the hole.
  
Had fun with the little ones collecting mini pine cones for fete craft.


Undesirables are everywhere, and multiplying.
First of the artichokes, so pretty
Beetroot ready to harvest
Black Russian tomato has first flowers
Garlic, accidentally pulled a few up  with my leeks.  Harvest time is approaching.
Leeks flowering, peas producing.
 Broccoli planted, will need to Dipel to survive the summer Cabbage Butterflies.
Rhubarb, big fat stems this year after all the rain.
Bamboo is coming back to life
I've been picking masses of flowers for Land/Earth art activities with kids.  There is till an abundance to enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. It all looks wonderful! I hope my garden does as well. Love the artichoke, I want to try growing those again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy to see the boaty donations and play equipment in use!

    You reminded me of a 'Lady Royalty of the Garden' as she says in a plum voice, "Undesirables are here and multiplying" !! :D

    We have them everywhere too, I hope the cabbages heart up before they wriggle their offensive little bodies inside. Have a good weekend. Lovely much needed rain we just had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's lovely to see everything growing up in your part of the world, just as it is all dying down in ours! I empathise over the cabbage whites - and funnily enough I did a post about the caterpillars recently!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artichokes are so pretty becky, it's a shame to eat them.

    So love our kitchen Christine, thankyou sooo much!!!!! It's seriously cute CurlyPops.

    Ha, a little regal, that's an improvement on the Australian Bush soap conversation this morning. Had Mr Bowerbird in tears. I think it's a definite seller.

    Thanks for visiting Pomona, we're actually caring for one of these mischievous white's cocoons, I'll check out your post.

    ReplyDelete

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
Margaret Atwood

“She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead.”
― A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young