Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Stamping










I was adding some stamp flourishes to envelopes recently, when the little Bowerbird spied me.  Of course she wanted to have a go.  I was amazed how well she could do it, quickly getting the concept of holding the stamp in one place.  I just love her look of concentration with her tongue popping out. My Nanna always did that when concentrating. A new craft activity to add to the list.  She's water painting daily at the moment and had a tantrum yesterday when I wouldn't get it out a second time for her.  We also had a tantrum at 7.30am because she couldn't have ice-cream for breakfast. Joy. Lot's of deep breathing and ignoring going on around here.


Little one is stamping in her party dress because I have given up on trying to get her to wear practical clothes, it's just not worth the fall out.  She wore a sun hat for our chilly outing today and is definitely my most fashion conscious child. It does drive me a bit nutty at times. Fortunately this op-shop dress washes up really well and has survived constant wear, I do love her in it.


Don't forget to enter my giveaway as part of Blogtober, especially if you like birds.

2 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous dress. I can see why your daughter wants to wear it lots.

    My mum has a whole box of stamps in trays from her childhood. The best stamps are worn down. I loved them. I must find out where they are.

    x Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love (!!!) the energy of little miss Bowerbird! And, she wears that party dress as if it was the most natural and practical choice for stamping - glad you're letting her do it. We also have the ice-cram tantrums, especially two minutes before dinner :)

    ReplyDelete

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
Margaret Atwood

“She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead.”
― A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young